Big Island Book Fest is all about celebrating our Island authors.
Authors from all around the Salish Sea are joining us to share their incredible work with you!
It’s a giant festive book sale where shoppers and book-lovers can meet and engage with authors, learn about them, support them, and purchase their books. Many authors have additional offerings, such as greeting cards, posters, stickers, and art.
The second BIG ISLAND BOOK FEST brings together 50 local and island authors into one place.
At this market-style event, patrons can meet authors from several genres including fantasy, thriller, true life, photography, and children’s. J P Bailey, founder and director, has put this event together to showcase the amazing array of authors on the island, and bring together writers and readers.
Saturday, October 14, 10 am to 4 pm, Upper floor Florence Filberg Ctr, 411 Anderton Ave, Courtenay.
Public entry by donation. Books for everyone.
- Come down to chat directly with authors
- Buy their books, art cards, and stickers.
- Live background music
- Author readings all day
- Complimentary face painting for the children from noon to three, with readings from children’s authors.
- Paper art of Duncan’s origami specialist Ray Bartl
- Proceeds from the Snack Canteen go directly to local charities here in the Valley.
Join our public email list to stay updated on what's happening!
Author Registration is now closed!
Hope to join in? Click the Expression of Interest form! If a spot opens up, you will be notified.